Are You Missing Facebook Ticker?

16 responses

1. Reece
    December 8, 2011

I have the exact same problem, lots of friends with lots of activity. Had the ticker for a few days & has been gone since.

2. Michael Troutman
    January 11, 2012

Yes, same problem here too (with over 2000 friends!). My wife has the same issue with over 300.

Was there for a few days when it first rolled out then *poof* it was gone.

It is, in fact, THE core functionality that made Facebook so cool years ago. Very irritating that we can’t get it, and I’ve tried many things (different browsers/computers/operating systems) and still no luck. Sent a bug notification to FB but of course no response.

Would love to find a solution…

3. Michael Troutman
    January 11, 2012

Second post (with boxes checked) to ensure notification of any follow-ups here…

4. ellaam
    March 30, 2012

i want ticker my face book,plz help me

5. facebooksucks
    April 5, 2012

I think software which patronizes the user should be FORBIDDEN BY LAW (exept it’s software for children).

There is no reasoning whatsover behind the idea that “i dont need the ticker”.
    I AM THE ONE WHO DECIDES WHAT I NEED AND WHAT NOT.

6. ed
    July 1, 2012

Have lots of friends with lots of activity and suddenly my ticker is gone. Weird!!

7. Auspi
    July 2, 2012

hi, never i have seen ticker in my account how to enable it?

8. Ben
    August 22, 2012

Mine just disappeared about a month ago. I have hundreds of friends and pages that I like. It flowed pretty quickly. I don’t understand this at all, but I miss it. :(

9. jijo joseph
    September 10, 2012

my ticker is hidden in chat side bar…it appears on above advertisement(above “people you may know” option)..what i can do.??plse help me…

10. Lavanya
    October 3, 2012

Hey all,

There is a small icon (open bracket and arrow) type of thing on top of the adds/notifications area in the top right hand corner of your home page. It look the same as the one you use to hide/show the chat bar. If you can’t find, you may want to increase the resolution of your screen, so the entire FB page becomes tiny and there is a lot of room on both sides of the home page.

You can click and click again on that icon to make the ticker hide or show. I finally found it and I am able to get the ticker events back. I was so relieved to find it back. Life became suddenly boring(or peaceful?) without it. Hope this helps anyone who is looking to enable the ticker.

Thanks.

• Sarah Kimmel
      October 3, 2012

Thanks!! Great advice!

• Khan
      April 26, 2014

I still cant find it! Help! I just had it today and I just lost it and cant get it back!

• Khan
      April 27, 2014

OMG! I don’t know what the hell to do! I just had it yesterday then after going through my facebook privacy, that shit disappeared! I tried changing my facebook privacy back again but it still didn’t come back! HELP! =(

11. Debbie
    November 19, 2012

To Lavanya

Thank you. Your instructions worked. I have searched several websites via Google and your suggestion is the only one that worked and made sense.

12. Jane Hixenbaugh
    June 14, 2014

I don’t want the ticker, I want my friends chat sidebar back. There’s no icons to bring it back. Anybody know how? I’m on an ipad but it’s showing up even if I use a browser. Very frustrating!!